Marketing Strategies keep taking a new turn daily, and several means whereby you can skyrocket your sales to keep emerging. Whatsapp marketing is one of the digital marketing strategies capable of exploding your business.
In this article, we will be considering what WhatsApp marketing is all about, how you can implement it in your marketing strategy, and everything you need to know about it.
What is WhatsApp Marketing?
Whatsapp marketing is a way of automating WhatsApp messaging apps, to reach out to your customers, about the services and products you offer.
According to Blog.Hubspot, WhatsApp marketing has proven to as well increase your sales by 27%.
Whatsapp is a free messaging app, which you can use to connect with your friends both in your home country and abroad. This is one fascinating thing about WhatsApp messaging app which makes it very effective for business.
WhatsApp comes in two versions, and the first one is the normal messaging app, and the second one is the WhatsApp for business.
WhatsApp for business is optimized for Whatsapp marketing success. This is because it comes with several fascinating features which can help you enhance your business.
One of them is the ability to list your products on your profile. Your audience and Whatsapp contacts are able to purchase your products directly from the app without linking to a third-party e-commerce website. With this feature on the WhatsApp business messaging app, both your local and international friends will be able to see your product offering without visiting your website or shop.
Why Choose WhatsApp Over Other Messaging Apps?
WhatsApp has become one of the most used social media platforms with over a billion + users. As of 2020, it was the most downloaded app on the Google Play store and now in 2021, it is second to TikTok.
Even though some users are aware that money could be made through WhatsApp, they don’t know how to start. There are numerous ways to make money on WhatsApp, all you have to do is use the method convenient for you.
The most interesting part of this is that you don’t need to have massive viewers to make money on WhatsApp or to have celebrity status to do it. With as low as a few thousand viewers, you are good to go.
How To Setup WhatsApp Business.
- Firstly, you have to download Whatsapp business from Google Playstore/Apple store. Visit the Google Play Store or Apple store to download the app and create an account in case you don’t have one.
- Once downloaded, the next step is to install the app on your device.
- Verify your business phone number.
- Restore your account from a backup, if you wish.
- Accept the terms and conditions for Whatsapp
- Set your business name.
- Build your profile and set up your business details
Benefits of Whatsapp Marketing
There are so many benefits of WhatsApp marketing for both the users and sellers at both ends, but I will leave you with just a few.
- 24/7 of Marketing
- It helps to Build Personal Relationships with consumers/clients/customers.
- It Provides Gainful Employment Opportunities.
- WhatsApp Marketing Provides Maximum Satisfaction of Human Wants.
- WhatsApp Marketing Widens the Market.
- WhatsApp Marketing Accelerates Other Activities
How To Use WhatsApp For Business
There are a plethora of ways whereby you can make use of WhatsApp for your business.
WhatsApp has proven to be very effective in increasing sales, and you will as well get to know how to make use of it for your business in this article.
It should be noted that WhatsApp is one of the social media platforms with billions of users.
How To Get viewers to Your Whatsapp Profile
There are different ways to get viewers on WhatsApp. Such as:
- Posting nice pictures consistently
- Writing an eye-catching bio
- Pay for WhatsApp viewers etc.
How Many Viewers Do I Need?
Like I said earlier, you don’t need to have 100k viewers to start. With just a few thousand viewers, you can earn on WhatsApp.
Although the more engagement you have, the more you earn.
How Much Can I Earn On WhatsApp?
This depends on:
- Your content
- The brand you market for
- Your engagement and audience
- Your commitment etc.
According to statistics conducted, an average micro-influencer earns $250 – $300. For example, Kylie Jenner is said to be paid $1.2 million for a single post on WhatsApp.
There are other things to consider such as:
- Have a specific niche and go for brands that deal with that: if you are a fashion guru, you like making content about clothing, makeup, hairdo, etc. Choose a brand that deals with fashion.
- How engaged are your viewers? That is when you post content, do they comment, like, share, etc. It is better to have a thousand legit viewers than 100k fake viewers.
Do your viewers ignore your post? Trust me if they do, you won’t be able to make money as they will ignore what you are promoting.
But when you have active viewers, brands are willing to pay or invest in you.
- Influence: how much of an influence or reputation do you have on your viewers? Do they like to comment on what you comment on, like what you like, or support what you support?
Believe me, this goes a long way as you make more money if your influence on the viewers is high.
- Communicate with your viewers: don’t just post pictures or videos. Try as much as possible to communicate with your viewers. That is when they comment on your post, do you reply to their comment or do you just ignore them? Getting close to your viewers goes a long way in helping you build a good reputation and in turn make money.
- Be Authentic! That is, be real! Don’t pretend to be what you aren’t. When you are true or transparent in whatever you post, your viewers will have trust in you.
How To Make Money With WhatsApp Marketing
Below are some ways to make money with Whatsapp marketing;
Become An Affiliate Marketer
Affiliate marketing is promoting goods, products, or brands on your WhatsApp page. When people buy this product through your link, you get paid by commission. The amount you are paid differs for each product or brand. This can be done by adding the links to your page or through a promo code
Note: WhatsApp does not allow clickable links except you add them to your bio. The best way is to opt for a promo code.
It is not only adding these links or promo codes to your page, you need to be able to convince your audience about the product, the reason you recommend it, and the benefits if there are any.
There are many affiliate marketing platforms you can partner with such as:
- Amazon associate
- Expernaire, etc.
I am certain you have heard of Expertnaire but just in case you are yet to know what it is all about, expertnaire is a digital marketplace that promotes high-quality digital products.
Click here for a step by step guide to making money through affiliate marketing business in Nigeria
2. Become An Influencer
As I said earlier, it is not easy to be an influencer even though it is the most popular way to make money on WhatsApp. To become one, you have to post good content consistently and by doing this, you build your audience.
As an influencer, your reputation matters. The more trust you earn from the viewers, the more money you are likely to make. And to achieve this, you have to post valuable content.
As long as you have a good reputation, brands are ready to work or invest in you. These brands won’t go into business with you when your reputation is not good.
As an influencer, you get paid for every like and comment on the sponsored post you made.
3. Be A Brand Ambassador
The key to becoming a brand ambassador is your niche. If you are into fashion, choose a brand that deals with that.
A brand ambassador is someone paid to promote a particular brand and its product to create awareness about the product and also increase the product sales.
As a brand ambassador, you have to post content about the brand regularly and also say positive things about it.
4. Sell Digital Products
It is not necessary to be an influencer or a brand ambassador to make money on WhatsApp. Have you considered selling digital products?
Examples of digital products include;
- Online Course
- Website templates etc.
To do this, you need to use the right hashtags, run ads on WhatsApp or other social media platforms or inform your viewers to share fonts to reach more audience or users.
Do you want to learn how to generate between 150k – 200k monthly on Whatsapp without running any paid ads?
There is a guy I know that can hold you by hand and teach you Whatsapp marketing from zero to pro level. His name is Adewuyi Tamilore. I am recommending his course because I have used the course and I can tell you that it is damn good.
Tami literarily emptied his brain to teach you how to make money on Whatsapp.
The good news is that this course is even too cheap compared to the value. Click HERE to access the Whatsapp Marketing Success course.
5. Sell Your Own Products
Are you an entrepreneur or do you want to grow your brand and product?
Then you are in the right place! All you need to do is:
- Create authentic content about the brand or product
- Post regularly and don’t forget to add the price to each product.
- Run ads on WhatsApp etc.
You can become an information marketer. Information marketing is the creation, promotion, and sales of information products.
Information products are digital products that are created to help interested persons gain knowledge, information, and expertise by following the processes shared by the product creator.
Check out my step by step guide to starting information marketing in Nigeria
With WhatsApp marketing, it becomes very possible for you to skyrocket your sales, and we’ve covered all you need to know in this article.
Do you have any questions about Whatsapp marketing? Kindly drop it using the comment box below